so, because i’m going to be stuck on an island for a week with nothing much to do except swim and read (eating is also good), i present to you
summer reading list (for what’s left of it)
and now here’s the list.
- Crash Landers (31k)
- Tiny Houses (77k)
- The Red (26k, series)
- We Poured Mud Through Their Veins (158k)
- Sparkly Pens (series)
- What I Did On My Summer Vacation (118k)
- [Sleep]Walking After You (56k)
- Hagalaz (346k, series, wip for some parts)
- The Skies Above Are Blue (95k, wip)
- Play Crack The Sky (99k, wip)
- He’s Not Mine (68k)
- Trust Fall (144k)
- Derek Hale’s Possible Heart (2k)
- Fireman Derek’s Crazy Pie [Cheeseburger Baby] (17k)
- Introduction to Zero-Sum Anthropology (19k)
- Sideways and Slantways and Longways and Backways (7k)
- Living With Lycanthropy (44k)
- By The Hour (16k)
- Historically Inaccurate (20k)
- Stand Fast in Your Enchantments (76k)
- Adventures and Explorations (30k)
- The Jelly To His Doughnut (27k, locked)
- Even in the Dark (7k)
- The Importance of Turning Around Three Times Before Lying Down (31k)
- Whatever Comes Our Way (313k, series)
- Take The Ice (50k)
- From Here On (79k, series, wip for second part)
- Strays (32k, series)
- The Choice (48k, wip)
- Fly a Little Faster (32k)
- The Scheming Rhymes of Romance (27k)
- A Human’s Love, An Alpha’s Union (219k, wip)
- We Got Claws (34k)
- The Parent Pack (271k, wip for the last one)
- Bones Straining Under the Weight (15k)
- one raven sorrow (7k)
- In the Solstice of our Hearts (73k)
- Prince Among Wolves (101k)
- Play It Again (63k)
- Come Fly With Me (Or Don’t) (15k)
- The Noble Tie That Binds (49k, series)
- The Long Way Round (180k, series)
- Mate to Your Soul: Online Dating Site for all Your Heart’s Desires (62k)
- Strange Lives (141k, series)
- Glazed and Confused (13k)
- Wolf Whistle (97k, series) + Excerpts (16k)
- Kind of a Thing (17k)
- Enemy Lines (149k)
- Hide Of A Life War (26k)
- Slipping Away (17k)
- my heart’s been offline (58k)
- Cornerstone (83k)
- There’s Monsters at Home (83k)
- To Navigate your Seas (26k)
- Somewhere In Between (33k)
- No Homo (84k)
- The Searching Ceremonies (285k)
- The Sum of Its Parts (710k, series, wip for some parts)
- Versus (94k)
- No Way Out (121k)
- Dating Backwards (85k)
- Love Hunt Me Down (55k)
- when the highway takes me (12k)
- to boldly go (35k)
- The Silver Lining of Smog (47k)
- heart-flower (4k)
- and the wild things roared their terrible roar (4k)
- sadly i couldn’t find werewolf zombies in space
it took me two hours, but i did it. all the mentioned fics and a few more. if you can’t find a title, it’s probably because it’s part of a series (i’ll help, just ask).
also, i might need to rename it:
summer reading list that can also double as an autumn reading list
because, damn, that’s a lot of fics.
i’m still gonna write fanfiction and it’s still gonna be gayer than the show and Danny will still be in it and Allison will still be alive and that makes me happy where your show doesn’t so thanks for nothing bye.
Fandom is focus. Fandom is obsession. Fandom is insatiable consumption. Fandom is sitting for hours in front of a TV screen a movie screen a computer screen with a comic book a novel on your lap. Fandom is eyestrain and carpal tunnel syndrome and not enough exercise and staying up way, way past your bedtime.
Fandom is people you don’t tell your mother you’re meeting. Fandom is people in the closet, people out and proud, people in costumes, people in T-shirts with slogans only fifty others would understand. Fandom is a loud dinner conversation scaring the waiter and every table nearby.
Fandom is you in Germany and me in the US and him in Australia and her in Japan. Fandom is a sofabed in New York, a roadtrip to Oxnard, a friend behind a face in London. Fandom talks past timezones and accents and backgrounds. Fandom is conversation. Communication. Contact.
Fandom is drama. Fandom is melodrama. Fandom is high school. Fandom is Snacky’s law and Godwin’s law and Murphy’s law. Fandom is smarter than you. Fandom is stupider than you. Fandom is five arguments over and over and over again. Fandom is the first time you’ve ever had them.
Fandom is female. Fandom is male. Fandom lets female play at being male. Fandom bends gender, straight, gay, prude, promiscuous. Fandom is fantasy. Fandom doesn’t care about norms or taboos or boundaries. Fandom cares too much about norms and taboos and boundaries. Fandom is not real life. Fandom is closer than real life. Fandom knows what you’re really like in the bedroom. Fandom is how you would never, could never be in the bedroom.
Fandom is shipping, never shipping, het, slash, gen, none of the above, more than the above. Fandom is love for characters you didn’t create. Fandom is recreating the characters you didn’t create. Fandom is appropriation, subversion, dissention. Fandom is adoration, extrapolation, imitation. Fandom is dissection, criticism, interpretation. Fandom is changing, experimenting, attempting.
Fandom is creating. Fandom is drawing, painting, vidding: nine seasons in four minutes of love. Fandom is words, language, authoring. Fandom is essays, stories, betas, parodies, filks, zines, usenet posts, blog posts, message board posts, emails, chats, petitions, wank, concrit, feedback, recs. Fandom is writing for the first time since you were twelve. Fandom is finally calling yourself a writer.
Fandom is signal and response. Fandom is a stranger moving you to tears, anger, laughter. Fandom is you moving a stranger to speak.
Fandom is distraction. Fandom is endangering your job, your grades, your relationships, your bank account. Fandom gets no work done. Fandom is too much work. Fandom was/is just a phase. Fandom could never be just a phase. Fandom is where you found a friend, a sister, a kindred spirit. Fandom is where you found a talent, a love, a reason.
Fandom is where you found yourself.—(via mariahgem)
is it any fucking wonder that clevverTV pulled this read-fanfiction-to-the-cast bullshit? remember, this is the super classy channel that brought us “guess the wolf abs" where they used a paparazzi snapped photo of dylan o’brien on a beach— instead of using photos from dylan…